BRGM, the French geological survey, is France’s reference public institution for Earth Science applications in the management of surface and subsurface resources and risks. It aims to meet key challenges for our society, particularly those related to climate change, energy transition and the development of the circular economy. Around geosciences, BRGM is developing expertise to contribute to a harmonised management and controlled use of the soil and subsoil of cities and territories.
BRGM’s activity is organised around 6 major societal issues :
- Geology and knowledge of the subsurface
- Groundwater management
- Risks and spatial planning
- Mineral resources and the circular economy
- Subsurface potential for the energy transition
- Digital data, services and infrastructure
- Its programmes focus on scientific research, supporting public policies and international cooperation.